CRM/ DATABASE ESSENTIALS
- Discuss with your CRM supplier the best way to record and use the types of consent and preference you want to capture.
- Ensure that you are maintaining an audit trail of consents and preferences.
- Set-up reports to check for hard and soft opt-in’s, and other integrity checks
- Test that you can appropriately respond to ‘subject access’ and ‘right to date portability’ requests.
- Consider metrics as benchmarks to measure against following the GDPR implementation in May 2018.
DATA MANAGEMENT ESSENTIALS
- Implement training and individual user agreements for your staff as a precursor to data access
- Identify which systems across your institution are a ‘source of truth’ for each audience
- Agree with your users how quickly data updates will be processed
- Determine appropriate, transparent wording when collecting preferences verbally
- Put in place measures to ensure your employees protect personal data when serving your business. Ultimately you will most likely be responsible for the actions across multiple systems and spreadsheets, not just your central CRM/database.
WEB AND COMMUNICATION ESSENTIALS
- Review all possible channels available to you for consent collection in terms of implementation (how) and segment (who)
- Make sure your web pages are engaging, responsively-designed, secure and accessible
- Always provide short, easy to use URLs, as they will be memorable to your customers and easy to fit on posters and digital advertisements
- Create a welcome plan for recently-found and newly added customers
Get Started Now
We are ready to begin working with you to deliver a solution that helps you realise your goals. Contact us today for a free, no obligation consultation.